28.8.08

Is the BBC doing spoof news now, too?

Hot on the heels of The Onion's Aaron Sorkin Gets Animated article, there is this very silly article.

West Wing writer tackles Facebook

Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin has agreed to make a film about the founders of social networking site Facebook.

Sorkin, who created US TV drama The West Wing and wrote the Tom Hanks movie Charlie Wilson's War, has even opened a Facebook account to aid his research.

"I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I've started this page," he wrote.


Um, I think I'd rather see an animated West Wing but, sadly, this article comes from the BBC. So unless today is April 1 in England, I think we might be forced to endure a movie about a website sometime in the not-too distant future.

I'm pretty sure even Aaron can't pull that off convincingly.

BTW, if you can find his official Facebook page, let me know. Do you think Aaron will say yes to my friend request?

1 comment:

blaim is the cure said...

He has removed the Add As A Friend option... http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=aaron+sorkin&init=q - that's hist that is the first hit.